Heaven Hi and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It is officially 2016 and what a wonderous year it has been already. How have you been fairing so far? A New Year that starts on a Friday can’t be all bad, can it?
I want to start 2016 off with some advice to help you have a productive and healthy year! We have been working hard in the background of Success for Real: videos, courses, books, and programs. My Thom’s Tips videos have had some great feedback so far. I love being able to share my knowledge with you. Let me help you with success! All right, let’s dive right into it!
I want to talk about a process which I call the 30 Day Detox for Creativity. This is a detox for your mind. You will be working on small tasks which will allow your creativity to thrive for this next year. You may not work in a field which you deem “creative” but creativity and innovation hide in every business, job, and career – even if you don’t realize it: accountants, fish mongers, artists, CEOs, etc. Each of these numbers represent one day in the 30 Day Detox system. Work on them for the rest of January:
- Find your professional goals for this year and write them down.
- Clean off your workspace.
- Delete the files on your computer which you consider to be unnecessary.
- I bet you have some unused media on your computer, website, and blog folders. Clean those out today!
- Look at your bios and resume. Refresh your information and make sure that it is all current.
- Clean out your email.
- Declutter your desk drawers, filing cabinets, and other spaces where clutter can hide in your workspace.
- Organize the project(s) that you are currently working on.
- Analyze projects that are pending for the future.
- Look at projects that you can say “No” to. Set the criteria for this for the future. What is too much for your current work load?
- Organize your client lists and your contacts.
- Clear out the things on your website which no longer fit your brand.
- Audit your service list on your website or your resume for skills that don’t involve work that you want to do in the future.
- Look at your brand image or the image that you are portraying at work. Is this how you want to be seen? What can you do to “fix” this image?
- Set up a financial plan for this year.
- Clean up your mission statement or find a motto for yourself this year.
- Clean out the apps and programs on your mobile devices.
- Donate clothes that you no longer wear or that you don’t fit your image.
- Donate other supplies that you no longer use.
- What are some personal goals that you want to accomplish this year? Write them down.
- Skim through the people that you are following on your social media. Wean off the profiles that you find negative or pessimistic.
- Unsubscribe from mailing lists that you don’t use.
- What is your planner/calendar system? Find one that works for you.
- What do you do for a daily task list? Find a system that works for you.
- Create a music playlist on your computer that promote the best work out of you. Also look at posting images around your office that help motivate you.
- Make health goals for yourself so that you stay physically healthy this year. Set up a simple plan to get this into motion.
- Look up some new profiles that you can follow on your social media. Look into: possible mentors, successful people in your field, and people that you look up to.
- Find a mentor in the position that you want to be in.
- Start a bucket list for your future.
- Set up some emergency situation plans: emergency kit at home, emergency fund at the bank, etc.
Take today to mull over the ideas and then spend the rest of January working on each of those tasks in order to cleanse your creative palate and ring in the new year with a productive and mentally healthy creative spirit!
Find out how you can communicate more effectively, create more empowering relationships at work and at home and build more confidence in your talents and abilities in 7 minutes or less. Click here to take the FREE FACTs Personality Detector Quiz
Well, until next time! B BOP!